Sunday, November 29, 2009

Home again

This Thanksgiving we had more than usual to be thankful for as my mom's recovery (neck injury almost 12 weeks ago) is progressing well. We heard this good news on the Monday before Thanksgiving. I went to Bloomington early to go to my mom's neurosurgeon appointment and to help prepare the Thanksgiving meal for 22 people at my parents house on Thursday. After being gone for an entire week it was nice to come home. While we were away some of our long planned projects have started. Karl has almost finished the 3rd floor bedroom paint job. We found a note from him saying that he will be back tomorrow AM to finish. Just a couple floor squares need to be painted and then it can be urethaned. John and I are looking for a solid red rug for this room. Demolition of the sidewalk has begun as well. We aren't sure but it looks like the plumber did not get to the front downspout but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Jim was hoping to start pouring on Tuesday. I am so happy this is well under way as I expected this would be a Spring 2010 project.
We got home around noon and Angie (pet nanny) was here taking care of Lucy. Apparently so many people have been around that Lucy never got lonely. Arranging for the pet nanny was unnecessary for this trip however when I made the appointment we did not know the contractors were going to start this soon.
Since we got home early enough John and I went to Findlay to get dinner for tonight (mahi mahi steaks) and the rest of the week.
Pre-made pastas and sauces help with a really simple mid week meal.
Lukens Fish Market.
The outdoor flower and produce sellers are not at Findlay on Sunday ... but there was a man playing the sax.

No comments: