Saturday, February 6, 2010

March Trip

We booked our trip to Florida in December when Delta had really great deals and we knew we needed to be there for an annual condo meeting the 2nd week of March.
We didn't really make any further plans (no Reds pre-season games as they have moved to Arizona). I even told my boss that I could probably visit a free trade vendor in Sarasota because I would have lots of time as we are going to be there 10 days and I'm sure John will work part of the time. Well, as of yesterday we added a side trip to Key West and it is entirely likely I won't have so much spare time.
We are going to Key West. 1st time for me. John been there several times but not in the last decade. I texted Ray for suggestions yesterday and got the funniest voice mail response from him, beginning with "You know I don't text..."
So we are going to take the Key West Express (170' boat) from Ft Myers to Key West (3 hour trip) which cuts the trip in half. We are staying at the Duvall Inn on Angela Street.
Picture below is where breakfast is served at our b&b.
We reserved the Caroline room... I love that sleigh bed. For the longest time I wanted this style of bed for our home but spouse is not crazy about the style. Complimentary bikes may be handy as we won't have a car.
This is Duvall's resident rooster Jack. There were many travel advisor comments and pictures of Jack, less so of the resident dogs. So after we made our reservations last night we did the typical Mt Adams Friday night: dinner in the neighborhood followed by catching up with the neighbors at the cellar. Caught up with Tim and Nancy, Kurt and Caroline and Chuck and Kim. Interestingly Chuck and Kim are going to be in Key West the entire month of March so now we plan on meeting up with them. Kurt and Caroline own a home in KW and may be there as well.

No comments: