Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another apartment finished July 9 2009

I just finished cleaning and painting this apartment today. This is my favorite of the five we rent. The first picture is the bedroom fireplace. Although tenants rarely use it is operable and adds ambience. We had chimney sweeps clean all the fireplace last fall. Next picture shows the one tiny bedrooom closet (built in 1874) but since the rooms are oversized it can accomodate furniture to hold clothes.
This picture shows where the previous tenant put her bed. Actually every tenant has put their bed in this location. Next picture shows living room with previous tenants things.
These pictures were taken today after final cleaning.
This is the fireplace that gets used in this apt.
Next picture shows the curtains I was secretly hoping the previous tenant would leave when she moved out. She took them with her to Charleston when she moved.
So these are the curtains I recycled (2 panels sewn together). My sewing skills have improved but I am not very good, nor do I enjoy sewing unfortunately.
TI let the next tenant pick the bathroom and kitchen colors. I didn't particularly care for the jade green she chose for the bathroom at first .... but now it is starting to grow on me.
I however love the gray she chose for the kitchen. Besides looking great against the brick and floors the woodwork and doors really pop.
In this next picture you can also barely see the toaster left by tenants previous to the last one. Urban living requires creative solutions for small spaces.
The vent above the stove hood is fake. We added that about 3 tenants ago. The floors had not been painted 3 1/2 years. I had to paint in stages to be able to paint under the applicances. Here you can see how it really cleans up the kitchen.
Painting behind the stove.
The portable dishwasher moves around really easily which made painting a little easier.
Letting the floors dry for a couple days.
I moved the island to the back deck and will clean it and move in tonight.

No comments: