Friday, July 3, 2009

July 2009 New Baby

The big news in our "big family" is the addition of a new baby! My niece Jessica and her husband Clint adopted (domestic) this sweet little girl whose name is Cecelia Ann. She was born on May 7 and was a preemie.
The attached picture is one they posted on facebook the day they received Cecelia which was last Tuesday, June 30. This picture was taken minutes after they received her and I think their smiles probably say it all.
Cecelia is my parents first great grandchild and my brother Tim and his wife Beth's first grandchild.
The family shower is next Sunday July 12. I bought the 3 Reds onesies (Clint is a big Red's fan) at the Red's game we went to yesterday (Reds v Diamondbacks , great game and Red's won). I ordered a baby burrito swaddler and Mama Rose travel kit online and hope they arrive in time for the shower. The swaddler and Mama Rose products are highly recommended items from the parenting podcast I listen to regularly which is Babiesandmomradio.com
I ordered the baby burrito swaddler in the pattern below. The reason I chose this pattern was Jessica and Clint's website and nursery pictures have dots and I thought it's pretty cutre too. . The swaddler is 100% cotton, handmade and fits smallest of newborns up to chubby 4 month olds. It comes with a free dvd about sleep tips.
And this is the Mama Rose travel kit I bought. Oh the moms on Babies and Moms love this 100% natural, alcohol free line.
I truly appreciate the internet for many things, including the facebook info we got on this milestone event and the ease of shopping for a shower with limited time.

No comments: