Friday, April 16, 2010

Butterfly Show 2010 Japan

Update Friday June 18,2010: I had to be at work early to receive a big order, 860 units, of cacti and succulents. Fortunately the 18 wheeler delivering this product arrived before we opened.
I was also lucky Mark was working Friday as he is the only employee who can operate the fork lift. Pretty good workout and I also got sunburnt. I spent the rest of the day checking in and pricing this order on the back dock. But before this delivery I finally added my wish to the shinto wish wall. Next picture is an explanation of the wish wall.
I attached my wish (2nd row from left, top) so I'd know where it was located.
The Krohn Conservatory 15th annual Butterfly Show 2010 opens tomorrow. This first picture is this year's poster on my desk. New this year are: new entrance, 3 show changes and beetles from Japan.
This next picture shows one of the many butterfly sculptures scattered in the park. The Park Board started this last year and I think it is great.
This year Japanese lantern entrance. Next picture Japanese water garden accessory along the entrance path that goes through the tent and around the side of the building to the newly installed pergola. This year visitors will enter through the desert room.
The tea house in the show room.
The Japanese Lantern. The sign next to this explains :"The earliest lanterns came to Japan from China via Korea along with Buddhism in the 6th Century. Stone lanterns were used as votive lights at temples and shrines."
This flower is Clivia and many people inquire about it. Unfortunately it takes forever to bloom and is as far as I can tell impossible to find for re-sell in the gift shop.
One of the glass butterfly feeders made by Neusole artists that we sell in the Gift Shop for $10.00. Last year we sold 600 units. I hope we can beat that number this year.
The horticulturists and volunteers started releasing butterflies this past Thursday.
This is a picture of the showroom while in progress. The hort staff only had 2 weeks to convert from early spring show to B-fly.
The Good Wishes railing. Visitors are invited to write their good wishes or prayers on a paper, fold it twice lengthwise , place it in the box to be added to this Good Wishes Railing.
The lobby and exit from the show.

No comments: