Sunday, April 11, 2010

Working in the Garden

Today was another gorgeous April day and so even though I need to pull a lot of financial information together this afternoon, I worked in our garden instead. John and I are close to finalizing plans for the patio pavers (brick pattern). We hope to have a referral party this fall and a functional patio will be fun for this party. I adore these snowdrops little green drops on the tips. Bonus that they perennialize! Tulips are my favorite flower and I think the geometry of this one is fascinating.
Our south facing garden means we get our blooms later than usual. So we are just now getting the Easter Egg colored tulips. Many of our still have not yet bloomed.
The Viburnam smell heavenly right now.
The Azalea I planted today. The azalea Lucy's old mommy's gave us died (not surprising as it was a gift to her from a florist) so I replaced it with this one from Rahn's.
Stewartstonian azalea planted. I believe the only noticeable difference with this azalea is the darker colored leaves. The other 2 azaleas that are already established.
The Lily of the Valley look like they are spreading this year.
Plumbago (planted today), hopefully this ground cover spreads quickly, next to coral bells.
Hostas coming in on the slope down to grass area.
Jack in the Pulpit is spreading nicely.
The brunnera in bloom.
Brunnera with glass butterfly feeder. This picture does not do it justice.
Looking up at the slope from the garden section.
I planted 24 3" plants of ground cover in the perennial section today.
And in the last bed (adjacent to the fence) I weeded, added soil amendment and planted 12
3" plants of ground cover Pink Chablis
I really hope this information proves true for our garden. Particularly the CARE: easy.

No comments: