Saturday, October 25, 2008

Kitty's Horrible Bad Day

Yesterday was not a good day for Lucy. First it rained all morning and then around noon when she thought I was letting her outside I picked her up at the front door and took her to her vet appt ... Cat Calls had just pulled up in front of our house for a noon appt to give give her an annual check up and all her shots (three of them). Spouse brought her file with her records and I carried a not happy cat to the camper. Since Lucy is so frightened of cars and started getting stressed the closer we got to the camper I started to think this may not be a good idea. Spouse and I both watched the vet and her assistant in the camper and tried to calm kitty. Lucy kinda moaned but never got too mad and it went well. Plus it was reasonable compared to the vet hospital I took her to before. So the good news is we found out she has lost a little weight in the last year and her only problem we need to take care of in the next few months is a teeth cleaning. But since this requires blood testing and anesthesia and b/c her teeth aren't horrible it can wait until the first of the year. At least they can do it in front of my house and as my friend Nancy said "you can clean your house while they work on your cat". Lucy was pretty tired and disoriented after her shots so she slept most of the rest of the day and night. But she was back to herself this morning.

No comments: