Monday, September 13, 2010

Almost there

We are in our 10th week of training for the race this Saturday in Douthat State Park.  John is running a half marathon and I'm running 5 miles.  The plan right now is to leave early enough Friday so we have enough time to see the park. 


And possibly a bit of what we are in for on Saturday.  The elevation is our biggest concern.


Douthat is supposed to be beautiful and somewhat historic as well.


Then there is the mystery of our B&B, the Firmstone.  I'm thinking it will be great or creepy.


We are also getting so close to our referral too!  At the very least we expect to hear rumors this week.  Last week I spoke to Betty, our international coordinator, and she assured me she knows how to reach us via cell phone.  It has been an interesting couple of weeks relative to our adoption and the state of Ohio.   This included emailing a request to Governor Ted Strickland.  I asked him if he could request our criminal background check (b/c this wait is so long & our last one expired) be processed in less than the quoted 95 days.  It was done in less than 2 weeks.  I sent emails to everyone which also resulted in one member of congress even calling the consulate in Guangzhou.   Which was overkill.

   We have also re-connected with the IAC and pre-paid for Dr Staat to expedite review of our referral so we can tell our family as soon as possible.   Then we will let the neighbors know and plan a referral party.



Completely off topic ....this picture is of the roses I cut at 987 this morning after I snaked the upstairs apartment's tub.  I did not have time to trim the thorns and leaves and get to work at a decent time so I just shoved them in this vase on my way out the door.  It's different but I kinda like it.  And they smell wonderful.

No comments: