Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

While spouse was shopping at Findlay (downtown farmer's market ... his Saturday routine) I made apple cinnamon scones with dried cherries on top (usually I just make coffee). They were pretty good if I say so myself. Spouse gave me a dozen beautiful roses. We are having tilapia and snow peas for dinner tonight.
This week spouse reminded me that February is the month we first met 9 years ago. We met at a dinner party ... in the home we live in today. I just google'd a calendar from 2000 (I love how easy it is to get info off the internet) and I am fairly certain this party on Friday February 11, 2000.
This dinner party (salad, spaghetti, italian bread for about 20 -30 people) was in an empty apartment. Before the end of February 2000 the kitchen cabinets were re-painted "hunter jumper green" (as seen in this picture from today) but for the party they were still purple. The previous homeowner, who had just moved out a month earlier, was an interior designer. Anyhow, spouse also recently reminded me about the conversation we had that night about the kitchen cabinet colors. Still amuses me to think about that conversation.
Oh, and spouse also reminded me of the Euchre game we played that night. Ahh........, my spouse is so sweet. I wonder if he reads this blog?

No comments: